Custom Search
Business Affiliate ProgramsCouponPersonalsAdvertisingShopping

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Who is Lord Siva of Prambanan Temple? (2)

60. Sri Gopa-kumara said: Hearing this, I was overjoyed and I desired to attain some special mercy from the very heart of that Mahesvara.
61–2. Knowing this, Sri Siva gave an indication with his eyes to the exalted Nandisvara, who then gave me pure instructions by which I easily understood that Sri Siva is non different from and increases one’s prema for my own worshipful deity, Sri Madanagopala.
63. Then I cheerfully joined his associates, who all delighted me. Then Sri Nandisvara began describing Sri Siva extraordinary virtues, saying:
64. “In his one manifest form Sri Siva always resides in his own abode above this Muktiloka (the realm of impersonal liberation) where his exclusive, beloved devotees always receive his darsana.”
65. “Sri Siva always delights his devotees by exhibitions of dancing and singing in his devotion for Sri Bhagavån, from whom he is non-different.”
66. “Although he is Jagadishvara himself, as if he were a servant he lovingly worships the thousand-hooded Sri Sesha.”
By his mala, he chanted the divine name of Lord Rama, while meditating on his own Supersoul, Lord Sankarshana. He whipped out any unwanted things from the heart of all peoples who came to worship him by his camara and by the same he also rendered devotional service toward his beloved Lord Sankarshana. He bestowed fearlessness to everyone and he also a divine master who taught us the real knowledge, the path of pure devotion. This is our Lord Siva of Prambanan.
These verses were expressions of Vaishnava’s heart and these came from special mercy from the very heart of that Mahesvara Siva:
67. O bråhmana, although I was pleased to hear that Sivaloka was superior to all other worlds, still I felt some dissatisfaction in my heart.
68–9. Previously I could not discern the cause of my own despondency, but then, by the mercy of my gurudeva and the power of chanting my mantra, I quickly understood that I was suffering because I was not directly experiencing the glories and pastimes of the lotus feet of Sri Madanagopåla.
70. Then I told my mind that it is this same Sri Siva who assumes the special form of Sri Krishna and performs such wonderful, variegated pastimes.
71–2. Seeing that my mind was not satisfied with this, I said, “O mind, although with Sri Siva you cannot experience that kind of pastime’s sweetnesses, still, by his mercy, all of your long-cherished desires will soon be completely fulfilled.”
So Lord Siva of Prambanan was worshipable to everyone. The benevolent Raja and Rishis of Mataram, installed his worship in the main shrine of royal temple and distributed his mercy without discrimination to all the peoples. They know the real tattvas. They didn’t trap their selves in fanatic and erroneous mundane conceptions of so called Vaishnavas, Saivas, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

click for better world

Stop Smoking


 
Super Blog Directory